Help and accessibility statement
Page structure and navigation
We offer the following access keys on top of each page:
- Skip to content (ALT + 0)
- Skip to main navigation (ALT + 1)
- Skip to sub navigation (ALT + 2)
- Skip to position (ALT + 4)
User with screenreaders and text browser can navigate also through headlines of the main areas.
Headline H1 is placed on top of the page and is used for the title of the content,
Headlines H2 are placed in front of each main area in all pages as follows:
- Main navigation
- About the website: Service links and help (links to homepage, large text, help, sitemap, contact, copyrights and german version)
- You are here (position)
- "Untermenü von ... " for "sub navigation of"
Large Text - simple Layout
The link "large text" offers a switch to a simple layout with larger font-size for each page content.
Content - language, hyperlinks and documents
The primary natural language of each page is identified. We try to identify changes in the natural language of document's text as well.
Targets of hyperlinks are indentified as follows:
- All site internal hyperlinks open in the self window and are not explicitly titled.
- All site external links open in a new window and are titled with "Externer Link in neuem Fenster:".
- All hyperlinks to documents open in a new window and includes the document extension (PDF, DOC, ZIP, HTML, PPS and others) and size within the link title.
Accessibility statement and feedback
All websites of the Federal Chancellery of Austria intend to achieve the Web Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 from W3C / WAI.
We are trying to increase the accessibility of PDF documents as well. Yet we cannot ensure a barrier-free access to the content of all PDF documents.
Please do not hesitate to inform us about barriers you have found. You can submit comments per email to email@example.com.